April 27, 2010
She is too well deserving of the honour yet the government seems to be playing politics in playing deaf and blind in ignoring what she has contributed in Philippine cinema. She is without any doubt the greatest actress of the Philippine cinema and time and time again her body of works is being recognized as outstanding by critics and moviegoers here and abroad.
Some of the superlative recognitions bestowed upon Nora Aunor are as folows:
1. Her film Himala (Experimental Cinema of the Philippines, 1982) being recognized by CNN/Asia Pacific Film Awards as the Best Filipino Film of All Time. The film is shortlisted as 1 of the 10 Best Films of All Time in the Asia Pacific Region.
2. She is recognized by Cultural Center of the Philippines as theActress of the Century.
3. She is the only Filipino artist who made it in the shortlist of finalist in the Green Planet Film Awards in Hollywood. She is one of the finalists in the 10 Best Actresses of the Decade (Asia). Moviegoing public from 100 countries voted for her and she bagged the highest vote among the 10 winners.
4. Gawad PASADO bestowed upon her its highest honour - thePinakapasadong Dakilang Artista ng Bayan.
5. Gawad PASADO also bestowed on her another award of unparalleled magnitude - the Pinakapasadong Aktres sa Lahat ng Panahon na May Pinakamataas na Papuri.
6. YES Magazine declared Aunor as the Greatest Filipino Actress of All Time.
7. She is recognized all over the Philippines as the Only Superstarof Philippine Entertainment.
8. She is a top-selling and great recording artist, film actress,television actress and host, stage actress and concert artist.
9. She won all kinds of awards available - FAMAS, Urian, Film Academy, Catholic Mass Media, PMPC Star Award, Manila Filmfest,Metro Manila Film Festival, and the list goes on and on and on.
10. She won top acting award abroad - Cairo, Penang and Brussels. Her films represented the Philippines in prestigious competitions, such as Cannes and Berlin. Some of her films were also archived inTokyo, LA Museum of Tolerance and New York Museum of Modern Arts.
There you go. She is more than deserving to be in the company of, among others, Lino Brocka, Ishmael Bernal, Lamberto Avellana andGerry de Leon who all directed Aunor in various films and had all declared Aunor as the best actress of Philippine cinema.
Let this thread be an open endorsement and a people initiative so that the President of the Philippines (whoever that may be) finallyrecognize Nora Aunor as National Artist of the Philippines.